1
No longer will I say no more.
No longer will I fear.
My bonds are released
My prayers answered.
There's a call from the sky
Who will hold me back now.
I have opened all doors today
To go to an everywhere.
They are all there
Weaving a net of illusion
I know not what they count
Only call me back indoor.
I have burnished my arms
Put on my armour
Now the horse will gallop at windspeed
To conquer the entire world.
2
I wish to take all so I rush out to take allI spread myself out across.
My sail flutters in the wind
I am set to go out to the sea
There's no boat waiting though.
In laughter and in tears
The road calls out to my heart
And I hear the flute throughout the day
There's madness in the wings
The bird will fly off the tree
The call resounds in the air all around.
3
Far far away
My mind wanders about
To the tune of the flute
That the wind weeps to.
The path that crosses all lands
And loses itself listlessly
Makes my wretched heart yearn
To reach an unknown land.
4
Where does this path lead to
Oh where?
To which hillside to which seashore
To what hopelessness
Who knows that, oh who does.
Who goes up and down
This path, and where
Who knows that, oh who does.
How are his words, how his smile
Who does he go in search of
Who knows that, oh who does?
5
Ha re re re re hey....Free me oh free me.
As free as the forest bird
Is in joy and glee.
As unbound as the
Downpours of Shravan.
As the robber monsoon wind
Plunders the sky.
Ha re re re re hey...
Who is there to hold back me.
As the forest fire dances around the trees
As the thunder roars in the storm clouds
Its roaring laughter rends
Through all perils and obstacles.
6
Oh who do I call out to--Break all my bindings.
I stand with outstretched arms-
Take me, ravish me.
You call me out in such a way
That there's no shame and no fear
That I may leave all behind, push all away
To go running away to you.
I am tied up in dreams
But unable to sleep
It wraps around my heart
With closed eyelids
My days on end
Oh where have they dissolved-
Only my heart cries out
In speechless streams of tears.
No comments:
Post a Comment